Sunday, January 31, 2010

Anticipation!!!

I met Susan, the RN I will be on mission with. I like her, I recognize a kindred spirit with a heart for service. We met at the state convention for orientation with Bob, a man of God, with awesome organizational skills. Bob's wife Sharon is a lovely woman I enjoyed visiting with. Susan and I are trailblazers. We will send back detailed messages of each step of the journey to Bob for reference for future missions.

My five kiddos had a great afternoon of family fellowship at Joe's house in Little Rock. All 10 grandkids were there. Kids and grandkids have agreed to pray for mamaw and the people of Haiti.

I think i know how to work the camera, the blog and the internet. So one more trip to wal-mart and I'm ready. My flight leaves at 7:20am.

God bless Susan and I, the State Convention, the people who have supported me financially, my wonderful children and grandchildren, and the people of Haiti (and the pilots).

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you! Such a great testimony of your faith; that you are willing to set out on this journey so that others may know Him. Hope you have a blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked with my Mom several times today and she arrived safely in Haiti. They encountered some problems with the plane on their way and so Mom had to strap on a parachute and jump...just kidding! They landed safely and made their way to the ministry compound. She met the people she will be serving with, toured the hospital and settled in to her room. She sounded very good on the phone tonight. I am thankful for her safe journey thus far and prayerful that the remainder of her stay will be a life-changing experience.
    John Schaffner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers go with you. looking forward to updates from you

    love walter and barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Excited for you!!! My prayers are with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me messages!!!!!