Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Almost There!



Thank you so much for the prayers. I truly felt His hand upon me. I was calm with no fear, and I have certainly stepped out of my comfort zone into His care!!!

Not much sleep Sunday night,at the airport at 5:30,checked 1 bag(under 25lbs)and a box of latex gloves. Said a prayer with Bob,John, Joe, Julie, and Susie. Some hugs and a few tears, through security,(shoes off)a quick wave, and Susie and I are on our way.

Small plane to Atlanta,needed a Dramamine-lots of dips and tilts. About 1 hour flight. Had to run to make our Atlanta connection to Nassau. A bigger plane with not so bumpy ride. About 2 hours to Nassau,Bahamas. Sounds exotic, but remember we are on mission here. Lots of under developed areas, run down hotels, and dirty beaches. Our hotel was,um, safe and close to the airport. Walked the beach a little, within site of our hotel. Ordered Domino's pizza for supper. It was really good. To bed at 7:30, yes 7:30. Airstrip called to cancel our flight to Les-Cayes. Bob called to say trip cancelled tomorrow.

Praying continuously!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sheila! So excited about this wonderful opportunity for you to use your skills. May God keep you well so that you will be able to give 100% to all that He has called you to while you are there. I know He will use your gentle spirit to minister peace and healing to all you come in contact with. Love You, Megan

    ReplyDelete

Leave me messages!!!!!