Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tent City

At the end of a hot day with my bandage basket

Les-Cayes

Tent City, where about 100 families live.

A baby getting a bath at tent city

Some boys having rice and beans at tent city

Jonathan


A cat in the hospital!


Susie and EMT's working in the hospital

Up at 6:30. Pancakes at 7:00. Quiet time and off to the RMI headquarters for morning devotional. Susie and I meet Mary at the hospital at 8:45 and begin our rounds with the doctors. We go ahead of the doctors removing bandages so they can look. Then we come in behind them to re-bandage. I pray over each one I touch. Bonyea Beneon is how God bless you sounds in Creole. Mary continues to be a blessing. When we were in the mountains at Bonne Fin, Mary was speaking to a young girl in danger of losing both feet. Mary told her"God's plan for her life can be accomplished without feet".A simple statement of faith. God spoke to me through Mary's faith. I PRAY FOR THE SIMPLE FAITH OF A CHILD.

Jonathan is his name. He is 13 but he looks 8. He has a broken hip, and a broken leg. He has a cast from the waist down. He is a happy boy, He likes the rubber glove balloons I make for him. His father asks us to pray for his 18 year old daughter he hasn't seen since the quake. They lost everything in the quake, but each other and their faith. Please pray for Jonathan and his family.

We go to lunch about 1:00. Gary and Amy took Susie and I to Les-Cayes for a tour. Traffic is terrible. Very few automobiles, but lots of scooters and people. We go to a tent city. Three generations in a tent. Pregnant women, babies, injuries, with no hope. Where to go from here?? Susie and I find a woman who complains of her belly. She had surgery in Port three weeks ago for internal injuries. She still had the stitches in!!! We took her to the medic's tent , gave her an ibuprofen and had her stitches removed.

Back to the hospital to start the bandage rounds again. There is a lot of pain. Mary is always by our side talking to our patients and encouraging them and us. Please pray for Mary and the patients.

Gart picks us up at about 6:30. We are so tired. We prayed for God to use our hands today. and PTL, He did.

2 comments:

  1. praying for you today, mamaw! We're all missing you, but Sadie and Jack are praying hard for you to share Jesus with people there. Lots of people have told me that they are encouraged by your blog, so keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila! Don't know if you're still checking this or get notified when you get messages but I have a message for you. Douglas' mom asked me to send you greetings. Every time I see her she asks me if I've done it yet so I'm doing it now. Know that you are missed and loved!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me messages!!!!!